View My Stats

Who Said Golf Was An Easy Game?

2006 is hopefully to be the year for me. My aim (as was last year) is to become a professional golfer this year and to document the journey, trials and tribulations! I hope this may prove useful to anyone going through similar experiences to me. Of course, my unique perspective on other things will manifest itself throughout too. Happy reading......

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It's bloody wet!!!!

Greetings again loyal readers. The rains have finally come and as the title suggests it's very wet and I now have a manky cold. Oh well, thats what happens in the winter.

I have played a minimal amount of golf recently. Ive been practising maybe twice a week and very recently played my first full round of golf for over a month! Very uncharacteristic considering I like to play every day in the summer.
It's a shame I turned professional as late on as I did this year. I really felt like my game was coming together but sadly ran out of time. I know that when the season kicks off next year, I'll be ready and raring to go. I cant wait!!

My level coaching course went well last week. As mentioned before it was a two day thing at a small venue in Swanley. The first day basically consisted of a lot of stuff about health and safety (particularly with children which are the main focus of a level 1 coach) and a background to teaching full swing, chipping, pitching and putting.

The second day involved being assessed which was quite nervewracking. We were all assigned an area of the game to teach and had to conduct a 15 minute group session on that area. Sods law, I get the full swing which was a combination of everything!! Thankfully I passed my assessment and sometime in the next few weeks I should receive my level one coaches licence.

Other than that, my focus has turned to my cousework now as obviously i'm not outside playing golf as much sadly.
I've got 6 assignments to do before April. They are: Retail, Coaching x 2, Sports Science, Equipment Technology and Coaching Children.

I also have my Residential Course in a couple of weeks and have been advised not to begin my coursework until I've been there, as they will run through all the assignments there. I have done bits of each assignment though in an attempt to get myself organised.

I've also dedicated myself to getting back in the gym and shifting a bit of weight (or I was before this cold took hold). I really want to be in good shape for my golf tournaments next year and need to start saving some money so I can enter all the things I can!

Thats about all for the moment, its a quiet time of year.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home