View My Stats

Who Said Golf Was An Easy Game?

2006 is hopefully to be the year for me. My aim (as was last year) is to become a professional golfer this year and to document the journey, trials and tribulations! I hope this may prove useful to anyone going through similar experiences to me. Of course, my unique perspective on other things will manifest itself throughout too. Happy reading......

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Toothectomy and Pro-Am Pay-cheque!!!!

Hello again. I had my tooth pulled out this week. It wasn't the horrible nightmare experience I feared it would be, it was quite funny actually looking back on it. The tooth needed a lot of encouragement to come out and I needed a lot of anaesthetic. Eventually it was out and I was relieved it was all over. I'm still in a bit of pain now but am glad I went through with it. £44.50 was a much better price than the £700 I thought I was looking at initially. End of tooth saga....

We had the Mid Sussex on Friday, my first ever Pro-Am and all in all it went pretty well. I was extremely nervous to be honest, as I thought I would be, but I guess my experience of playing with nerves and pressure in my PGA tests stood me in good stead here as I can say I performed fairly well. I shot 78 (+7) which wasn't a great score but it wasn't an embarrasment thankfully. It certainly couldnt have been any worse a score. My putting was downright abysmal and needs come further work this week. I 3-putted three times and missed 4-5 birdie chances from inside 10 foot. This was extremely frustrating as I feel I have identified a fault in my swing which has been giving me problems lately and have made an instant improvement in that area. I just need to start holing some putts and I could be shooting some good scores. On the bright side, my team came third which earned me my first pro paycheque of £50! Happy days!!!

I have the Sussex Professional's Championship this week at West Hove which i would love to do well. I will be over the moon if I can make the cut but I know that I will have to shoot 1 or 2 over par at worst whic can only be one by putting better than I have been. We'll see what happens in due course......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home