View My Stats

Who Said Golf Was An Easy Game?

2006 is hopefully to be the year for me. My aim (as was last year) is to become a professional golfer this year and to document the journey, trials and tribulations! I hope this may prove useful to anyone going through similar experiences to me. Of course, my unique perspective on other things will manifest itself throughout too. Happy reading......

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Moving on......

Hello again. Since my last blog I have celebrated passing my test and have been getting organised with my PGA stuff. It was true what I was told, the whole test thing was a bit anit-climatical. Don't get me wrong, I was and still am ecstatic about finally doing it. However, the excitement lasted probably two days before it was engulfed by shire relief.

I promptly received my PGA pack a few days ago. This basically outlines everything the PGA needs from me, including contracts, photos, many 'adminy' forms etc and ultimately the matter of payment. I had actually forgotten about this element and had wrapped myself up in just 'getting there!' This is a sticky point. The first year is quite a hefty sum. I would like to point out at this stage that yes, I will accept donations ;)

Once I have sent back the fees together with all the forms and contracts etc, then (subject to approval and acceptance from the PGA) I will become at last a Professional Golfer (1,2,3 - woohooo!!).
One thing that has dawned on me is the reality of 'shit, now I'm gonna be a professional golfer!' - quite ironic obviously. I suddenly realised that this really is only the beginning and that the test was certainly not the end - whoops!
I have been putting a bit of work (but not a great deal) into my clubs Club Championship this weekend. This will be my penultimate amateur event and it would be really sweet to win it. I've got to say, I'm loving my chances. I feel entirely pressure free as it really doesn't matter how I do, I know how to handle the pressure if I get in a position to win and I also know what it takes to put a solid days golf together and have 110% trust in the way i'm swinging. Basically everything the test taught me stands me in great stead. I certainly won't be out of the top 3. It would be so cool to finally get my name on a Club Championship. I was runner up at my old club Hollingbury no less than four times, twice from a playoff!!! I want one before I turn pro.

My final amateur event will be in the Hollingbury Pro-Am. This will be great as my brother Sam is our pro and I know we're gonna have a great day. Talking of Sam, I'm caddying for him at Open Qualifying tomorrow at Effingham. Fingers crossed, I think he's got a great chance of getting through. I certainly hope I can help play a part in this. We'll see.

To go off on a slight tangent, I saw my little nephew at the weekend and this was awesome. He's a real little boy now with a gorgeous smile I had missed loads. I can't wait to see him again very soon and am very excited.

Till next time good people.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home