View My Stats

Who Said Golf Was An Easy Game?

2006 is hopefully to be the year for me. My aim (as was last year) is to become a professional golfer this year and to document the journey, trials and tribulations! I hope this may prove useful to anyone going through similar experiences to me. Of course, my unique perspective on other things will manifest itself throughout too. Happy reading......

Monday, May 08, 2006

3 days left........

It's very close to my test now and in my heart of hearts I feel I am as ready to go play as I've ever been. I'm very proud of the way I've dedicated myself to preparing for this and all areas seem to be at a standard now where even if I perform poorly, I should still pass (hopefully). Obviously thursday will be the proper acid test and a big fat pass will be the proof of the pudding.

The forecast is for a bit of rain which is unfortunate although, providing I can hold my clubs ok, could be a good omen as I have been known to play well in poor conditions before. Also, it may serve as a welcome distraction (in a twisted way) from the pressure of the event and slightly difuse the intensity of it.

Although this may sound negative, I have fullly prepared myself for another failure (how could I not!) but am truly not expecting it. I have improved so much from last year and would like to think that I now have the experience to cope with whatever comes my way on the day. I know that if it ends badly then again I will be able to take a lot from it and of course will be straight back on the horse (after licking my wounds for a couple of days). My only real concern is the nerves I know i'll have, particularly towards the end of the day regardless of how i'm doing. This will serve me well to keep me focused and I have learned breathing techniques to help me cope with it, but the thought of it still makes me slightly uneasy.

I played in a comp at the weekend and the 72 I shot was a very promising sign of what I could expect on thurs as I hit the ball relatively poorly! To do that and shoot +1 is very exciting for me as feel that if I can peak thursday I may exceed even my own exectations.

That, for now, is all I can say on this matter. The time for talking and speculation is over as I know that it is totally irrelevant when I tee it up thursday. Time to perform methinks.

Wish me luck........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home