View My Stats

Who Said Golf Was An Easy Game?

2006 is hopefully to be the year for me. My aim (as was last year) is to become a professional golfer this year and to document the journey, trials and tribulations! I hope this may prove useful to anyone going through similar experiences to me. Of course, my unique perspective on other things will manifest itself throughout too. Happy reading......

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

The next test......

Well I've finished licking my wounds now. To be honest, yeah I was a bit down for a couple of days but was kind of dragged out of that way of thinking by both Rachael, my girlfriend visiting and realising to myself 'you know what, you're ready to pass this now, it just didnt happen this time round!' - a big step. I realised that I have definitely raised my game and that those final holes were just an unfortunate run that could happen to anyone!

I am booked in back at good ol' Bishops Stortford on Monday and I'm very excited to go back there as I now feel I have the game to tear this particular course to pieces. I have well and truly cured the ailment I had there last year which is accuracy off the tee (last year on my second test I only hit 4 fairways all day!) and to be honest as I recall, from the fairway this is a very straight forward course that provides plenty of opportunities (not to mention a 2 shot bigger target score).

This time round, failure is simply not an option! It is utterly unacceptable. I demand a comfortable pass of myself and I'm bloody well gonna do it too. There will be some strong questions to ask of myself if I don't!!! I shall be playing 'no-holds-barred' golf and I don't physically see how, without the exception of horrible weather, I cant shoot 2 rounds in the low 70's here, as I maintain that right now my golf game is buzzing and on the verge of doing something very special - i know it!!!
I have been addressing the problem in my putting stroke with my boss and he gave me a fantastic lesson today in which my entire attitude towards putting has changed. It's amazing how poor my setup to the ball when putting was, but I am confident that with his guidance and 3 good days work that I can ingrain these changes and make them feel comfortable.

The rest of my game is in maintenance mode right now.

I am certain I will pass Monday, it will take something very extreme to upset this! The support of my family, friends and colleagues has been brilliant and they all managed to pick me right back up and help me keep it all in perspective! After all, they're right! It is only a game and if it goes wrong, well I'll go back and try again. If it goes wrong after that, I'll go back again. I don't care how many goes it takes me to do this for two reasons - one, I refuse to be ultimately beaten by this and two, I know I can do well in the pro game afterwards and this whole episode/era will soon become a distant memory that i'm adamant has taught me some great lessons about golf that will give me an advantage in the future. After all, how often does your average golfer subject themself to golf under this amount of pressure??? I now feel comfortable in this environment, I just have to let my game flow too and it will - soon!!!

Again, FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home