View My Stats

Who Said Golf Was An Easy Game?

2006 is hopefully to be the year for me. My aim (as was last year) is to become a professional golfer this year and to document the journey, trials and tribulations! I hope this may prove useful to anyone going through similar experiences to me. Of course, my unique perspective on other things will manifest itself throughout too. Happy reading......

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Exciting times ahead.....

I am very excited to report new ventures ahead for 2007. Me and 'the missus' have decided to move in together, which after four years, perhaps it is about time! (lol).

I have landed a new job at Kingshill Golf Club and start on Jan 8th so this is very exciting. I must admit that to be moving to a new area, a new job, moving out of home, and moving in with the lady has been strange to come to terms with. I have now, and am very excited about what may lay ahead for 2007. I can't wait for us to start actually start looking at places we might live in! This is a first for me so I am chomping at the bit to start hunting.

I have set myself the goal of completing all my PGA assignments by xmas, so I can enjoy xmas/new year and moving without having to obsess about deadlines. I could do without the unneccesary stress of having to get everything done by the last minute.

I was very nervous about giving my notice in, but my 2 bosses were absolutely fantastic and supportive which made me feel so at ease - perhaps they will be pleased to see me go ;). All the members where I am now have said some very nice things to me and it is very flattering to know that I will be missed. I will strive to keep in touch and play golf with as many of the friends I have there as possible. I will miss Mid Sussex a lot but it's nice to know that I can return without feeling awkward.

I have to comment on this now, how good should the final of X-Factor be this week. I've found myself hooked on it and I've got be honest, as is the popular opinion, Leona has got to be the most talented singer i've ever heard in ages. She lead me to another musical discovery which sadly accompanied some sad news. She did a version of 'Over the Rainbow' (not a song i've ever been too keen on) which Simon Cowell described as 'the best performance he'd ever witnessed' and it was outstanding.
Whenever I hear a song I like, I search for the chords and lyrics on the internet so that I can play it my keyboard. I came across a version by lady called Eva Cassidy I must have listened it 3 or 4 times back-to-back. Wow, I thought, what a talented singer and guitarist she is. I wonder what else she's done or if she's released anything recently. Sadly, it turns out that this lady died 10 years ago at the age of 33! I spent my evening downloading and listening to her music and reading about her tragically short career. It appears that this was a lady of enormous potential taken just as she was about to hit the big time. If anyone is interested in hearing what might have been, please hit this link and forge your own opinion. All I can say is that I'm gutted to have discovered this 10 years after the lady has gone!!

I'll leave you with that.......

1 Comments:

Blogger Pratibha Singh said...

Well your always welcome.
Myrtle Beach Golf

2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home