View My Stats

Who Said Golf Was An Easy Game?

2006 is hopefully to be the year for me. My aim (as was last year) is to become a professional golfer this year and to document the journey, trials and tribulations! I hope this may prove useful to anyone going through similar experiences to me. Of course, my unique perspective on other things will manifest itself throughout too. Happy reading......

Monday, April 03, 2006

Hello again.....

Its been a little while since my last entry. I will endeavour to update this weekly now so as to update my progress in my weeks leading upto my test.

Things have been going ok. The weather has improved slightly so I have been able to begin proper preparations. I have had 2 more lessons since my last post and I have a feeling my technique is set for a bit of an overhaul. It has caused a bit of a dilemma as I have now virtually eliminated all my previous swing faults (I know this from seeing it on camera). However, one quite serious problem has now arisen from the faults which needs working on quickly. I have 110% trust in the guy coaching me but I am almost being forced now to break completely out of my comfort zone and abandon all the swing-thoughts that have given me such good play in recent months.
Its very positive that I have eliminated previous faults and I guess everything now is in an attempt to improve my technique and not correct flaws.

I played 36 holes twice last week and am pleased to say that both scores would have passed the test by 9 shots! Thats quite reassuring altho I know it'll be different on the day itself.

Thats about all I have to report right now. The preparations continue and each day is counting down to my test......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home